ScoutBus © All Rights Reserved.  

Home. Information. Vehicles. Hire Rates. Bookings Diary. Terms. Contact.

Hosted, free, by

Made by Serif

Important Information

The minibus is only available to Scouts & Guides and to recognised charity, voluntary and community groups. On no account will the minibus be hired to individuals or to commercial organisations.

All users of the minibus will need to hold a Section 19 Small Bus Permit.

Section 19 permits allow certain organisations to operate minibuses and make a charge without having to comply with the full passenger carrying vehicle entitlement (PCV) operator licensing requirements and without the need for their drivers to have PCV entitlement. An example of such organisations would be volunteer groups concerned with education, religion, social welfare, recreations and other activities that are beneficial to the community ie those organisations eligible (and insured) to use our minibus. The service provided (ie the use to which the minibus is put) must be for your own members or for groups of people whom the organisation serves. The service/use must not be provided to members of the general public and the charges made must be on a non-profit basis.

The minibus permit is for a vehicle that can carry between nine and sixteen passengers and can be obtained from the Traffic Commissioners or designated bodies such as a local authority and various national charities or church organisations. The permit applies to the organisation using the minibus, not to the vehicle itself – you therefore need one of your own.

Click here for Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) guidance notes on applying for a section 19 permit.

Click here for an application form.

Scout users click here for further information & form.

Further information on this and other related subjects can be found on the minibus website and the Community Transport Association. A search of the internet will probably turn up other sources of help too.